The Invest Georgia Board today announced the selection of LCG Associates as the program’s investment consultant. The Atlanta-based firm was selected through a Request For Proposal process and was chosen from a narrowed pool of 3 qualified applicants. LCG Associates was appointed for a one-year term commencing August 1, 2015.
“We are very pleased to be working with LCG, which after a lengthy and thoughtful vetting process, we believe is the best-suited partner for the IG program,” said Charles B. Thompson, board member and Principal at Eco-Capital Advisors. “LCG has demonstrated a successful track record working with a select number of blue chip clients and we feel confident in the firm’s purposeful approach and ability to help us strengthen Georgia’s entrepreneur community.”
One of the oldest independent investment consulting firms in the country, LCG is solely owned by active employees and intentionally maintains a low client-consultant ratio.
“Our philosophy with all of our clients is to build true partner relationships,” said Edward F. Johnson, LCG President and CEO. “It is our goal to support Invest Georgia in expanding opportunities for Georgia-based businesses which in turn enhances the state’s overall economic portfolio.”
According to the guidelines set forth by legislation establishing the Invest Georgia Program, the investment consultant will work in tandem with the program’s executive director to:
- Establish investment policy and guidelines for selecting Georgia-based, growth and early stage venture capital funds;
- Source and select investments that fit established criteria and conduct due diligence on Georgia-based venture capital funds;
- Document due diligence efforts;
- Provide recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Advise on performance of the selected funds;
- Assist in reporting to the legislature, as required by law, on investments in support of Georgia-based business enterprises.
About Invest Georgia
Invest Georgia is a state-based fund of funds that improves success opportunities for Georgiabased businesses incubated and growing within the state. Established by the Georgia General Assembly in 2013, the program fosters innovators and enables entrepreneurs. Early and growth stage companies almost always encounter a capital access problem between initial business funding and institutional expansion funding. The Invest Georgia program creates an environment where companies are encouraged in bridging that gap.